Sunday, April 28, 2013

yup, its GERTRUDE TIME!

For those of you who don't know, I have a Flamingo.  Her name is Gertrude.  Long story short, my first car was Bertha, my dad would call her Gertrude.  Just to annoy me.  SO, in honor of my dad who passed several years ago, I named my flamingo Gertrude.  I got her before I went to Iraq, knowing I would be trailer trash.  and as EVERYONE KNOWS, you can't be trailer trash without a pink flamingo. 
 
She spent a year in Iraq with me, then she spent a year in Afghanistan with Jake, my son.  She was in my multicam bag when I got to Afghanistan.  She is getting out a little, and getting some pics.  Here she is in front of my room at Camp Marmal. 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Getting ready for go for a drive in Kabul. 





 
 
In front of the flags at Kabul International Airport

 
At Bala Hissal, a small place in Kabul
 
 
Gertrude will get out more now, so watch for more posts! 

1 comment:

  1. There she is!!! I was getting sick of YOUR updates, I wanted to know that flamingo was doing okay. Ya had me worried... ;)))
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete